Wednesday 14 December 2011

Good day, yesterday

Yesterday I read my work for the first time in public, for the Creative Writing Day Soiree at Roehampton Uni. A few hours before, I found out I had a short story published in the "Chaos" issue of Stimulus Respond magazine. This made me feel slightly more ready for the public reading!

Thanks to Leone Ross and the editorial team for organising the Creative Writing Day.

The workshop held for the speakers last week was particularly helpful. Leone advised us to use the tone of voice of "a bedtime story". The reason for this is because it is a comforting tone, yet engaging and playful: it has a psychological draw for much of the western world, who have grown up with bedtime stories. Anyway, the advice seemed to work!

Now to finish off a few essays, and do some more writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment